Friday, August 5, 2011

After Reading : The Restorer By Amanda Stevens

The Restorer (Graveyard Queen #1)The Restorer by Amanda Stevens
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This quite a coincidence that I would read another detective/mystery novel with element of ghosts in it right after another.  This one is quite the opposite of Darynda Jones' First Grave from the Right.   This is intense drama and thriller.  While I was reading, I could actually see the scenes right before my eyes especially the creepy ones like when Amelia saw the little girl outside by her garden and has written a heart at Amelia's window.  I got goosebumps and quite unnerved with the little sounds I heard in the bedroom while reading it in the middle of the night. The words were that consuming.
Below will be some rantings I just need to get off my chest,  so..

Was that really Amelia in Devin's house or was she somewhat possessed by Mariama's ghosts? What's with the little girl Shani? She helped rescued Amelia.  what does this mean? She's ok with  Amelia and Devlin being together despite her mother's refusal to let go of Devlin? I was scared at first so I read it like 3 times, I thought it was Devlin who was the other partner of the murderer, when Amelia saw him in the tunnel as well, although I know it was not really possible. I would be totally horrified and hating the book.
Book 2 can't get here fast enough. I totally want!!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment