Friday, June 18, 2010

My Take On Magic Bleeds

If you have been browsing through my blog, you may have noticed that I got a lot of Kate snippets.  I have been so looking forward to the release of Magic Bleeds and have been expecting a lot. And truly, Ilona and Andrew 's Kate 4 have certainly lived up to my expectations and more. This book was a turning point in both the lives of Kate and Curran.  It's either they're together or they're not.  After all their cat and mouse relationship (Curran being the cat for obvious reasons ;) ), after all The Beast Lord and Kate had gone through to save each other, I would be thoroughly disappointed if they won't get their Happily Ever After. It was so funny with Kate giving The Beast Lord's a taste of his medicine, upping each other with pranks as their mating ritual. That's were the goofy smile was stuck on my face.
Aside from the romantic side of the book, Kate's mysterious past will caught up with her and her perilous bloodline will be revealed to Curran.  With a powerful goddess with unlimited powers as her enemy, it would seem that Kate's sword skills won't be enough to save herself and her loved-ones.
The book was so good that I was deliberately reading slowly just to savor the words and events in the life of Kate. I don't want to reveal too much this is an absolute must read.  If you haven't read the series yet, grab a copy else you'd miss half of your life!

Rate: *****

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Book Lady! Glad to find another Pinoy book blogger! Not really that into your kind of genre, but I do love finding fellow book bloggers.:) Oh, check out http://artseblis.wordpress.com/. She's another Pinoy who seems to share your kind of books.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi fanta! thanks for the comment and reco!will check out artseblis.wordpress.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Book Lady. Yes! A fellow Pinoy bookwork who blogs about urban fantasy. I also have just read Magic Bleeds!

    LOVED Kate and Curran, but rather confused at how easily defeated the antagonist was--almost as if the being had a death wish. I know there was this extremely violent confrontation but the antagonist did not seem to live up to the legend.

    I can't puzzle it out further for fear of giving spoilers. But I still am EXTREMELY addicted to this series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished reading the entire series and I loved it! This is now my favorite urban fantasy series. I posted reviews of all of the books. :)

    By the way, I hope you can join the Filipino Book Bloggers directory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yipee! another Ilona fan! :D thanks, will check it out and you review too!

    ReplyDelete