Saturday, January 15, 2011

After Reading Queen Of Shadows By Dianne Sylvan

An exceptionally and unexpectedly good read.  I was scrolling ratings from Amazon and I saw that this book almost got a 5-star ratings.  So I was curious since I'm always on a look out for a new good urban fantasy book.  At first, I was skeptical.  Music and vampires?  Trite and I think somebody already wrote something of that kind already.  So I was expecting to like it but thinking it would not be extraordinary.  Was I ever wrong.
The first few pages has grabbed me and I soon realized I was flipping the pages so engrossed that I forgot the time.  When I saw it was 2 a.m. in the morning already.  But I could not stop.  I finally resigned to sleep when I heard the sound of a rooster outside the window.  That was 4 a.m.  and I still had to bring the daughter to school and work that morning.
I would not say that it's PNR, but there's definitely romance in it.  But, unlike PNR, this was dark and real, I think.  Miranda had been to hell and back.  I like that she almost gave up, almost gone crazy.  I would have broken down myself if it had happened to me but in the end she endured and fought for herself.  David was her support, but she did it all by herself, for herself.  David is such a darling.  I love that he's strong but sensitive at the same time. In spite of being a vampire, he's very human.  Loved it when they quote Shakespeare.
 " I pray thee now tell me, for which of my bad parts didst thou first fall in love with me?"
" For them altogether, which maintained so politic a state of evil that they will not admit any good part to intermingle with them.  But for which of my good parts did you first suffer love for me?"
" Suffer Love! A good epithet! I do suffer love indeed, for I love thee against my will".
********
"I would not deny you; but by this good day, I yield upon great persuasion, and partly to save your life, for I was told you were in great consumption"

"Peace! I will stop your mouth."

Grab the book.  I give it ***** 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment