Sunday, May 23, 2010

Kate 5 Snippet

Yipee! A Kate % snippet! Thanks Ilona Andrews!


Enjoy!


My butt hurt, because some viking woman kicked me from behind while I was busy and the motion of my horse wasn’t doing me any favors. The red spot on my shoulder promised to bloom into a baseball-sized bruise but other than that I got away scot-free. Barabas sported a cut across his chest, Andrea had a black eye, and Ascanio, whose shirt somehow got mysteriously ripped to shreds in the heat of the battle, was black and blue from the neck down. It wouldn’t last more than a couple of hours and by the evening the lot of them would look like new, while I would be nursing a sore shoulder.

The wind brought a whiff of hops from Ghastek’s vamp loping next to me. The vikings had tried to drown it in the barrel of beer and most of the green sunblock had come off, so Ghastek ended up rolling the bloodsucker in some mud to keep the skin damage to a minimum. The mud had dried to an ugly crust, making the vampire look like some filthy mutated pig.

“And that’s why we don’t go to visit the Vikings,” I growled. “Nothing good ever comes from it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment