Sunday, July 11, 2010

Reading Web Of Lies By Jennifer Estep

Ok so I wasn't really thrilled about Spider's Web.  I was irritated on how the character seems to repeat herself over and over but I was curious enough to read book 2, Web of Lies. Gin Blanco being an orphan has more than a lot of issues to face and now that her foster father who trained her to be an assassin like him was dead, she resigned herself to an ordinary life and leave her lucrative career as the infamous assassin, Spider. But once an assassin, always an assassin.  She can never really leave that life behind.
I'm still in the middle of the book though.  So far I'm quite liking it than book1, less repeating of her thoughts and feelings.  But another thing has made my ire rise.  The detective and his holier-than-thou attitude wants me to smack his head in aggravation.  He thinks he's too good for Gin but can't seem to control his lust for her.  But after the raging heat had past, he always blames Gin and guilt would eat at him like he had just committed a mortal sin. I think, Gin shouldn't be too easy and show a bit of pride and let the detective do the moves. Truly I think he is such an a**hole, treating Gin like that.
Anyway, I'm still reading and seething..be back for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment