Thursday, March 17, 2011

After Reading Tempting Danger By Eileen Wilks

I was confused for awhile back when I finished reading "Only Human" and then started reading Tempting Danger.  I was thinking that Only Human was a prologue to Tempting Danger but was thoroughly perplexed why there were similar circumstances in both books but with a lot of different scenes as well.  I was bothered enough to search Ms. Wilks  website to find the explanation.  To those who doesn't know and was confused just like me,  Lily and Rule's story was supposed to be just a short one and ends with Only Human.  But it seemed that a lot of readers were enamored of these two that their story has to become a series. That is why in Only Human, Rule met Lily's Grandmother in her birthday party while in the series, there wasn't even a party happening until book two and it was not a birthday party, it was Lily's sister's wedding that Rule came.  A lot of something like these were happening. Tempting Danger has definitely more twists and turns. Here's what Ms Wilks has to say about it:

Why isn’t TEMPTING DANGER the same story as the “Only Human” novella?
When I first wrote “Only Human,” I had a terrible time fitting it into the length required for a novella. I wanted more—more space to explore the characters and their world. Fortunately, my editor agreed. But in the process of turning the story into a full-length book, I discovered the truth of the adage that you can’t step in the same stream twice.

At least, I can’t. The story grew and changed in so many ways that TEMPTING DANGER bears only a passing resemblance to the novella that gave birth to it. This is confusing for some readers. I’m sorry for that. Perhaps I should be more in control of where my stories go, but it doesn’t seem to work that way.

I didn't like the idea that they were forced to come together because of the mate bond.  But I'm pretty sure that eventually, in the next series, they'll realize they were together not just because of the mate bond but because they had fallen with each other, i hope.
I just started Mortal Danger and I'm loving it as well.  I like Lily.  She doesn't like to show weakness.  She's capable, honorable and no pushover in spite of her physical attributes (she's slight and petite, and was described as a china-doll).  And Rule is darn sexy.  Tall, lean and definitely a ladies man.  Definitely an Alpha-male but is never bothered when Lily takes charge.  I like that he's not threatened  like most males would react to Lily.
Will let you know what I think after I finish with Mortal Danger. If you like Patricia Brigg's Mercy Series, then read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment