Sunday, July 24, 2011

After Reading : Hunted By The Others By Jess Haines

Hunted By The Others (H&W Investigations, #1)Hunted By The Others by Jess Haines
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I'm sorry to say but I just cannot relate to the main character of this book.  I even finished reading hoping I'll eventually  find some redeeming qualities in the story and like  Shiarra and the whole story but sad to say I didn't.  She's a bigot who can't really make-up her mind.  She broke up with her boyfriend because she cannot stand him being a wolf calling him big, hairy and something out of a B movie but did not admit this rather she said that her Ex's lying was the reason why she broke it with him. (sheesh)

There were some inconsistencies in the the scenes that bugs me that it seems to me was not edited well,  for example when Shia and Sarah stayed at Janine's house.  Shia supposedly cooked breakfast for them but the next scene was that the three of them ( with Arnold) were walking towards a bakery shop that Janine suggested they'd go for breakfast (huh).  Apparently they had breakfast twice..heh. Another thing that really was glaringly unbelievable to me was that, Shia did not do anything when her family was threatened by the antagonist considering the holder of the focus can control all Other beings and can easily find her family and kidnap or even kill them. She could have called them atleast and let them know they are in danger.  I don't even see why this antagonist is targeting her, a human with no super strength or other abilities.  She is really no threat.  That the antagonist was jealous of her because Royce, an old and powerful vampire chose Shia to be one of them vampire was just so lame.
There were more about the story that had me in a conniption.  I shouldn't have finished it but I was already in my bed lying down and I was too lazy to get up and upload a new ebook in my iphone. Oh well. Im glad I'm done reading.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment