Thursday, July 21, 2011

After Reading : Viper Moon By Lee Roland

Viper Moon (Earth Witches, #1)Viper Moon by Lee Roland
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

 As with most UF, the heroine gets into the usual action scenes and intrigues and tangled up in a dangerous circumstances albeit a bit disgusting at times (Cass went swimming in a poop-infested sewer..eeww) but what I don't really get is why Cass would serve a goddess whom she calls Earth Mother but whom she doesn't really put in high regard.  I mean, she even admits to hating her.  Granted that Cass has never known any other life other than be the Earth Mother's  Huntress.  She could at least have some soft feelings to whom she serves right?  Another thing,  I don't really get it why she chooses Flynn over Michael.  With Michael's looks and who had declared himself inlove with Cass and being bloody rich doesn't hurt either.  Well, I could guess that Michael reminds her of herself.  Hard-assed, cunning, a criminal and can be quite ruthless.  While Flynn is what she aspires to be.  An honest, honorable cop.
Anyway, what I like about this is that Cass's story ends with her and a new huntress is born in book 2.  And it looks promising.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment