Thursday, August 19, 2010

After Reading Blood Song By Cat Adams and Pride Mates By Jennifer Ashley

This one is going to be brief so I decided to combine 2 books to talk about.

I tried, really I did.  I was already 80% done  but I find it boring and it has too many things going on which really has no point or relevant to the story. There's this Prince and a demon, Celia and her being a vampire and her group of friends which some of them I wouldn't call at all, Celia and her best friend who is clairvoyant,  Celia and her ability to feel ghosts, I could go on and on.  I just don't see the point. I figured, some mystery would have seen the light even just a bit since I'm almost done with the book. But, nope. It does not compare to the likes of Kate Daniels, Chess Putnam, or Mercy Thompson. I guess I may have expected too much.  rated: * one star

This one was unexpected.  It's the title, I guess, so stereo-typed for a shifter PNR.  But there's actually more to it than that.  My curiosity for the shifters was just as piqued as Kim. I was struck on how emotionally uninhibited the shifters are to their kind. Kim even thought it was somewhat sexual, them rubbing their faces to  another shifters neck, not just to the opposite sex, but same sex as well.  I like how Liam is not affected by how humans treat shifters.  The discrimination are ridiculously inhumane.  No updated technology, no college for their children, no rights as beings. He is not affronted by how humans treat them because it does not matter to him.  It does not make him who he is inside.  He can do without those things human seem to find important. I like that.
 Not withstanding Kim's sizzling encounters (they were at it like bunnies!) with the delectable Liam Morrisey, I recommend this read for PNR lovers who wants some great story behind great sex scenes. rated : **** 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment