Sunday, April 25, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!

Yes, I am turning 33 tomorrow :). I feel like I ought to celebrate or something but with so much things going on, our new Bar and Resto opening, we are so busy to celebrate.  Although we planned a double celebration in Manila with my friend Van ;).  I just hope our WAW friends are going to have some free time to spend dinner with us.  Really looking forward to it!
Going back on getting older, I'd like to acknowledge the things that I'm thankful of for the past year of my life.  First, my dream of going to the U.S. coming true. When I finally stepped through U.S. grounds, it was so surreal! I had to mentally pinched myself to make sure that it's really happening. When I was a little girl, it felt like it was a impossible dream.  Like there was a very remote chance of me going there. Still I day dreamed of eating hotdogs from the street and gorging on huge pizza slices and monster size burgers, very hollywoodish, I know haha. When I got there, I was suddenly struck by the thought that I could live in the states with my family.  I'm the only one in my side of the family left here in the Philippines so moving there won't be difficult.  We're considering it, hubby and I but for the meantime, we'll be back again next year, hopefully.
I'm thankful that my family is in good health and Alecxi is growing up a happy and healthy little girl.
Business is thriving and we are still keeping our fingers crossed that the new bar and restaurant we just opened will be successful.
I'm thankful that life has never been that hard for us.  We have all the things we need, and some of our wants. I thank God I have all these around me, my husband who still makes me laugh and somehow irritates me at the same time, my precious daughter who takes away my frustrations and makes life easier, and a family that support and guide.
For 33 years of my life, I have now the full understanding of patience being a virtue.  And what you may want years ago when you were younger won't be the same from what you'll want now that you are older.  Priorities definitely change.

2 comments:

  1. happy birthday, birthday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday! :) I'm glad things are going so well for you.

    ReplyDelete