Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mage In Black (Sabina Kane 2) By Jaye Wells (My review)

***contain some spoilers***


The second installment of Ms. Wells' Sabina Kane Novels will leave you panting for more.  Sabina has now detached herself from her vampire world and is intent on destroying her grandmother, Lavinia, the dominae of the vampires. And, the feeling was reciprocated.  Because Sabina betrayed her and joined forces with her sworn enemy, she now wants her dead. Sabina with her familiar Gighul and Adam now travel to be with the Mages specifically to meet her recently known twin Maisies, who happens to be a figure head in the mancy world. But not all mages welcome her with open arms like her sister.  It seemed that there are mages who think Sabina's a harbinger of war. This time Sabina gets more death threats but will definitely kick some ass but this time using her previously untapped magic. 
I've always been a fan of spunky and kick-ass heroine and Sabina Kane is consistent and does not disappoint. As with the first book, I was seating on the edge of my seat waiting for the punchline. I was a bit disappointed about the villain this time, though.  I thought it would be someone really evil and villainous and not some misguided attempt of revenge by some teenage girl. But, that's just me wanting more drama :). I like it that Sabina was prophesied to be someone bigger, a reluctant heroine who will unite all the dark races.  With her love life and her mage powers getting interesting (Adam has a serious contender in the person of Slade, Sabina's previous partner as an assassin), things heat up, literally!
The ending will want you to count the days till the release of the Green-Eyed Demon.
I definitely give this a 4.5 rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment